Install Manual and User Manual
First of all we have two very well done manuals. The user manual is interactive if opened in Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.
The manuals for Mac are located in the ALCE2_MAC.dmg file
The manuals for WIN are located in the PC/Documentation folder
You can also download the manuals here >
FAQ / HELP FOR LOGIN, PURCHASE, INSTALL / TROUBLESHOOTING
- 18. LION-MAC/CS5 only. Error message installing ALCE 2.1. Extension Manager cannot load file claiming wrong signature.
Your Adobe Extension Manager is not compatible with Lion. Please update AEM here> and re-install.
- 17. UPGRADE ONLY. I'm not able to login. When I try to log with my email nothing happens. The price doesn't switch to €14.
Please notice that internet is case-sensitive.
You must log with the same email you used to register the first time. You should have received a mail with the correct mail to use.
Notice that you can't add blank spaces.
In case of doubt you can recover the password or write us.
- 16. Does ALCE1 conflict with ALCE2 ?
No it doesn't. But both versions installed may generate confusion. So we suggest to delete ALCE1.
- 15. I want to delete ALCE1 but I can't see it in the Adobe extension Manager window
You can delete or replace only applications installed with AEM. You must delete ALCE1 manually.
Alce1 is located in Photoshop CS5/Plugins/Panels folder.
- 14. In the Panels folder I can see the old ALCE folder but not ALCE V2
It's ok. AEM puts ALCE2 in a different folder.
- 13. I'm trying to install ALCE. I copy the ALCE folder, but nothing happens.
ALCE2 is installed automatically via Adobe Extension Manager. Only the install on CS4 for PC/Windows users is still manual.
- 12. I used ALCE on CS3. Now I installed it on CS5. When I open the script menu I can't see ALCE in the list.
ALCE2 on CS5 works as a Photoshop Extension (Panel). To run ALCE the first time select the windows/extensions/ALCE2 menu item.
- 11. I installed ALCE following the instruction but I can't see it in the menu.
After install you must restart Photoshop. Check if you have the extension panels active in your Photoshop preferences. Go in the Photoshop Preferences, Plug-ins tab and mark "Load Extension Panels" and "Allow Extensions to Connect to the Internet". This second option is for version upgrade. It won't be your case for sure, but cracked Photoshop versions usually block the software from accessing the internet.
- 10. MAC ONLY / I installed ALCE for CS4 on Mac but I can see it in the menu or it don't work.
Probably you have installed ALCE for CS4 using Adobe Extension Manager for CS5. For a correct install select the icon for CS4 and click with the right mouse button and select "open with AEM CS4"
- 9. MAC ONLY / I've installed ALCE and now Photoshop's behavior is kind of weird.
Have you upgraded to OSX 10.6.6? It's well known that Adobe has huge problems with this OSX release, please read this official paper for more information.
- 8. WIN ONLY / I try to install ALCE on CS5 but nothing happen.
To install with Adobe Extension Manager it's not enough (while it's required) that you are logged as an administrator. You must login as administrator, then right click on the Adobe Extension Manager CS5.exe application and in the contextual menu choose “Run as administrator”. See the install manual for further info and screenshots.
- 7. WIN ONLY / I need to install ALCE on CS4 but I can't find the AEM install file.
ALCE2 on CS4 must be installed manually.
To install copy the entire ALCE2_CS4 folder in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Plug-ins\Panels
Refer to the manual for further instruction.
- 6. WIN ONLY / I can't copy the ALCE2_CS4 folder in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Plug-ins\Panels
It may happen that when you drag&drop the folder, Windows doesn't allow you to do that (it gives you no error, it simply doesn't do what it's supposed to do). The workaround is to manually create in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Plug-ins\Panels a new folder called ALCE2_CS4; then copy each individual file, one at time, from the downloaded and unzipped ALCE2_CS4, to the newly created ALCE2_CS4 folder. Mind you, if you copy all the files at once, it doesn't work: copy them one at time.
- 5. WIN / CS4 The "?" and the "Batch" button don't work.
The "?" window can be accessed in the Windows / Extensions menu, the item is called "info".
- 4. CS5 I can't install because Extension Manager says that the extension cannot be installed because it requires Photoshop version 12 or greater.
Please try to reinstall Adobe Extension Manager (see the next FAQ for the links). If this doesn't help go with manual installation, as follows.
1) rename ALCE2_CS5.zxp to ALCE2_CS5.zip and unzip it, you'll get a ALCE2_CS5 folder.
2) enter the ALCE2_CS5 folder, you'll find an ALCE2.zxp file. Rename (again) this one as ALCE2.zip and unzip it, you'll get an ALCE2 folder.
3) move the ALCE2 folder to:
MAC: [yourHD]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CS5ServiceManager/extensions/
PC: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CS5ServiceManager\extensions\
- 3. Adobe Extension Manager opens and: nothing happens; or the window is empty;
double-clicking the panel makes nothing happen.
Chances are that AEM is corrupt. Try downloading from here and installing it again
Direct link CS5 - Windows:
Direct link CS5 - Mac:
Adobe Extension Manager CS4 download is here:
A fresh Photoshop reinstall may help in some cases.
- 2. WIN ONLY / I can't copy the ALCE2 folder, nothing happens when I drag & drop it.
Some buttons in the extension ("Batch", "?") don't work.
Check if your user has the permission to read/write either the Photoshop/Plug-ins/Panels folder, the ALCE2 folder and all of its content.
When you download the installer, please check the Internet Explorer "Internet Options", security tab (even if you use a different browser!) Set them as follows:
Then in the "Custom level" button, set the "Launching applications and unsafe files (not secure)" as "Enable (not secure)".
If they are different, set them accordingly, restart Internet Explorer and download the installer again.
- 1. The panel doesn't appear when launched / it doesn' work.
Please follow this link:
Note: The Settings Manager that you see above is not an image; it is the actual Settings Manager itself. Click the tabs to see different panels, and click the options in the panels to change your Adobe Flash Player settings.
Now click Edit Locations dropdown menu:
and: Add locations. The following window appears:
Now Browse for folder and select the ALCE2 folder in the Photoshop/Plug-ins/Panels/ Check the "Always allow" green button:
Try restarting Photoshop.
YOU CAN SEARCH ALSO USING THE SEARCH FUNCION HERE BELOW